Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Haines Brothers have done it again!

Just got back from a pre-opening cocktail party at the Haines Brothers newest restaurant, Tre.

It takes a lot to wow me, but Matt and Fred did it and more! Located at Howe and Hurley (in a building that used to be part of the infamous "Triangle") the place has been transferred into an upscale restaurant and club that will be catering to a "mature" audience. It has something for everyone - including a large central bar and separate smaller bars that feature the finest tequila at one, whiskey and scotches at another and wines at a third. There is also a cigar bar and a private patio to puff away in.

Best of all (at least in my opinion) is a private table in the kitchen where there is no menu - you are served whatever Chief Charley and his crew whip up for you. I always wondered why Charley was having me sample food that wasn't on the menu at his prior restaurant - now I know that I was simply a guinea pig for his creations. And judging from what I sampled tonight, he has perfected his recipes!

Tre opens to the public on Tuesday and will be serving food until 1AM.

No comments: