Monday, October 27, 2008

The Power of the Internet

During Saturday nights Jimmy Buffett concert in Vegas, a performer I had never seen before came on stage for Margaritaville. After the concert ended, I ask several other Parrotheads if they knew who he was - however, either they didn't know or they were to "under the weather", to have even noticed him.

Luckily, I snapped a picture of him - he is shown here in a black shirt standing to the left of Mac McAnally.

Upon my return home, I put on my CSI hat and did a little snooping on the net - and in less than 25 minutes I was able to figure out that he is Frank Marshall, an Oscar nominated Producer and Director. Unfortunately, his Producing credits include the last summers horrible Indiana Jones movie. His tie to Jimmy? He was the Producer to the equally bad movie "Hoot" which Jimmy appeared in.

Now I will be able to sleep tonight - and if I can't, all I have to do is pop in one of Frank's films!. Thank god (and/or Al Gore) for the Internet!

No comments: