Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shad the Bureaucracy Fighter Comes Through Again!

When I started Luxx Limo, I had no idea just how many Governmental Agencies I would have to deal with. Besides the Tax Agencies (IRS, FTB & EDD) that I contend with in my other job, I now have to deal with the PUC, CHP, DMV and DOT. In addition the local airports (SMF, SFO and OAK) each have there own separate rules and regulations. Thank goodness I now have help dealing with these other agencies and their seemingly endless string of arcane rules and regulations.

To give you an idea of what I am referring to, we have been waiting for our personalized livery plates for our Hybrid Tahoe since May. While we are able to legally operate the vehicle within virtually all of California (including our local airport), we could not operate it at SFO, because it had not passed their separately mandated inspection.

This was because SFO would not allow the inspection to happen until we had our personalized livery plates. This is where Shad comes to the rescue. After three trips averaging two hours apiece to the DMV, countless phone calls and lots of sweet talk, today he was finally able to obtain the necessary documentation so that we can now take the vehicle to SFO for its inspection. Only then will we be able to legally pick up or drop off passengers.

Since there are annual fees involved in every step of the process, one would like to think that the governmental agencies would make it easy to obtain these necessary licenses. But not here in California - no wonder we have a budget crisis!

1 comment:

Ozzie said...

I’m not certain on what he promised the lady’s at DMV but I’m sure his wife will understand, after all it is work related.