Friday, July 31, 2009

Catch Him Before He Is Gone!

I have only seen him play in two games, but I have to tell you, the River Cats new third baseman, Brett Wallace looks like the real deal. Considered as one of the Top 50 Prospects in the Minor Leagues, Brett was acquired last week as part of the deal that sent Matt Holiday to the Cardinals.

I am not sure if it is a consequence of not, but Brett's batting stance reminds me of that of another third baseball also named Brett - none other than Royals Hall of Famer George Brett (but he doesn't seem to use as much pine tar!).

Brett went 3 for 4 last night, and my sources tell me that with a little bit more seasoning in the field, he will likely be playing in Oakland next year, so that means we have about a month to see him in action here.

Update: I just heard that Brett will be a guest on Jim Kozimor's Show on Monday afternoon.

No comments: