Monday, July 20, 2009

Ella's..A staff & wine list that makes you feel Luxxurious...

My dining companion finally let me pick! And of course I wanted to venture to downtown Sacramento for big lights in the big city! (or at least out of a strip mall). So I picked Ella Dining Room and Bar.

Welcomed there by a very courteous and professional staff and provided with a wine list that would make any novice drinker drool made this an experience fit for a Queen. Which, by the way, my dining companion claims me to be!

While wine is always at the top of our list we did have to try what Ella’s bar is famous for, specialty cocktails. When I say that, I don’t mean your average bar that boasts “specialty” with it's variations on a Cosmopolitan, Margarita or Long Island. I mean “special” in the way of using fresh juice, herbs, fruit, house made grenadine and simple syrup. A lot of work goes into these fabulous cocktails and some even have a small “garden” to complement. Like the Gin Blossom that is garnished with onion slices, cucumber and fresh cracked pepper. I had a Negroni and Partner in Crime had Randall's Margarita. I laugh as I say this since they are both traditional but the flavors were exotic.

We then had a bottle of Elizabeth Spencer Cabernet with luscious berry flavors and a silky finish. Coupled with Meatballs, Braised Shortribs, Paparadelle Pasta, Hangar Steak all that came out in the fashionable European style that Ella's boasts. You eat, enjoy and share with your neighbor! Dinner had hit well so we thought dessert would be comparable but we were wrong... It was beyond what we had expected! A trio of chocolate that our bartender Rene served with grace a glass Madeira.

We thoroughly enjoyed Ella's and its fabulous staff and will return!



No comments: