Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blood Alcohol

I had an interesting conversation at lunch today about blood alcohol. My companion was explaining how a friend of his actually had his license suspended even through his blood alcohol was less than .08. Since I was planning on going out tonight sans a car and driver, I thought I should do a little homework as to how much I could safely drink.

I found a number of static reference charts, but also this interactive calculator provided by the Police Department of the University of Oklahoma.

I am not sure of its accuracy, but suffice it to say, after playing with it for a few minutes, I decided to take one of my own cars out rather than risk a DUI.

BTW, even if you don't use the calculator, it is interesting to see what "Sooners" like to drink - there are no fewer than five types of Canadian Beer listed as well as something called a "Harry Buffalo".

No comments: