Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chinois!

The second period of Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals didn’t feature any scoring, but I sure as heck did!

Tuesday night, I found myself once again at a restaurant in a strip mall (maybe I need to get a new dining companion?). This time it was Chinois, located at the intersection of Watt and Fair Oaks; however my experience here was completely different from the night before (see my review of Il Forno Classico below).

Our server was Becca (yes, we even got a name this time!) From her welcoming smile, to her perfectly created cocktails in a pint glass (sorry Bo!), to the Asian Cuisine both from the menu and the“ala Bayer” creations, Chinois was perfect.

We didn't have to worry about the “2 minutes, 2 bites rule” as Becca was attentive enough to see our satisfied expressions. She also had enough sense to realize that my companion and I were into the hockey game so much that she served our food onto our plates for us, and even came out from behind the bar so as to not break our eye contact with the hockey game.

Although their wine list doesnot rival Il Forno Classico, it still contains the staples, with a great selection of half bottles. If you venture into mixed drinks, have a driver ready as Becca has a lead hand! Might I suggest Luxx Limo?

Kudos to Chinois and Becca. We will be back soon, and so should you!

No comments: