Friday, June 12, 2009

Nascar Mates With Wine

A recent visit to August Briggs Winery in Calistoga brought to my attention that the same winemaker August "Joe" Briggs also makes wines for Jeff Gordon. Specializing in Zinfandels and Pinot Noirs, this boutique winery was pleasant not only on the palate but for my eyes as well with Joe's nephews, Jesse and Aaron pouring for us. Also worth noting is that they make a Charbono that is available for their wine club members only.

Curiosity got the better of me and after researching a bit about Jeff Gordon's wine I came across Bennett Lane Winery which actually sponsors a car that races in Nascar! And from there I was directed to a Nielsen Sports survey that said wine consumption among Nascar enthusiast is up 22%!

Sunday June 21st this car will be racing at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma and I think I may have to check this out and enjoy some wine!

No comments: