Monday, June 22, 2009

A Cure For Mondays!

It finally happened. I found my way out of a strip mall for dinner!

Overcome with the "Monday Blues" my companion and I ventured out to Roxy Restaurant and Bar which we hoped would have just the "Cure" for our blues. We were in luck as we found that every Monday Roxy offers drink specials that include $3 Margaritas and $2 drafts as well as appetizers that include $2 tacos (which were great) and $4 pulled pork sliders (which were even better!). Luckily we saved a little room, and our main courses were a Bledsoe Farms Pork Chop and Braised Short Ribs.

The owner Ron Gilliland and wife Terri were both raised in the country - Terri here in the States and Ron in Ireland. Having worked several summers in Ireland, I know what they mean when they say they like to serve fresh dairy and hormone free meats. Roxy does an outstanding job in obtaining their meats from local farms including their own, Lucky Dog Ranch in Dixon. Roxy does an equally outstanding job of preparing the excellently sourced local ingredients as evidenced by the delicious Short Ribs and Pork Chop my companion and I were able to enjoy.

A Luxx "two thumbs" up and a promising return.

No comments: