Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Limo as a Moving Van? Almost!

Imagine looking out your back window and seeing this! Well, that is exactly what happened to our friends Craig and Kimberly last night. We got involved as we were actually on our way to meet them for dinner when I received an email containing this picture. I immediately called Craig and he said they had been watching the fire grow for about an hour and it was now only a quarter of a mile or so from his house.

He went on to say that while they had not been given the official evacuation notice, they had moved what they wanted to save to the front door. I told him we could be there shortly to help out. Just about then, I heard a helicopter over the phone line - Sac Metro Fire had come to the rescue! Craig said they dumped what appeared to be a powder on the fire and at least half of it was immediately extinguished. Another run later sealed the deal, and Craig & Kimberly were able to join us for dinner. A am very pleased that I am writing about this outcome, and not having to say that my limo had been used as a moving van!

No comments: