Wednesday, July 30, 2008

OK, I admit it, I am a stat guy

I love stats - always have and always will. I bring this up as I was just perusing the latest issue of an industry publication known as "Limousine Digest". (Disclaimer - if you get bored with this post, scroll down to the picture of Jenna and then come back and finish). Specifically, I was surprised by some of the stats concerning industry standards in hiring Chauffeurs. Fully a third of the respondents stated that they do not perform criminal background checks and 21% don't even road test their new chauffeurs. Amazing! I guess these stats go back to why I got into the industry - I think policies like these should be mandatory.

On a more positive note, 72% of all limousine companies provide ongoing chauffeur training - not just at the time of hire (something else that I am a proponent of). Also, while only 43% of the national respondents report that they perform pre-employment drug tests, I know that in California, the percentage is actually 100% or they would not be insured.

No comments: